Check here for information and resources for pregnancy, childbirth and the years after. Under this header you will find: Newborn Screen Info, Vaccination Info, Local Hospital Info, WIC Info etc.
Below are a collection of links and articles that may be useful:
- Is A Doula Right For Me? http://americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/havingadoula.htm
- Tips for New Dads and Parent Partners
- More tips for New Dads and Parent Partners
- Comfort in Labor Handout, by Penny Simkin
- Concerned about Postpartum Depression? Here is the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale, which is a tool used to evaluate your state postpartum.
- Postpartum Promise: Discuss your risk and have your support person sign this with you if you have PPD concerns
- Some beautiful pictures of one mom-turned-doula demonstrating comfort measures during labor.
- Emergency Homebirth Preparedness
- Dr. Sears tips on advice on co-sleeping and much more at Ask Dr. Sears
Also, for women living in SW Virginia, the website www.womenwise.wordpress.com is a place to gain and share a wide variety of info and wisdom with other in your community.